My blog has over 100 hits-hooray! I was informed by my friend that he was the lucky #100, so he gets a free drink from me. See? It pays to read my blog. Not only is it highly educational, but you also get a heavy dose of sarcasm and the occasional incentive to keep coming back. Congrats to Kyle...thanks for your unwavering support. Psh...
Now...
The Memphis Tigers are #1!!! This exciting news hit me on Saturday evening as I was downing numerous drinks at High Point Pinch, trying to avoid the scary guys trying to get me to dance. It was salsa night...so there was a lot of alcohol necessary to get me dancing. That and the people asking me to dance were well, ummm, either much older, much shorter or just couldn't speak enough English for me to understand what they were trying to strike up a conversation with me about. At least nobody commented on my ankles, at least, not that I'm aware of? The bouncer did say he liked my shoes...and then later was showing me pictures of his 3 year old daughter and telling me how much we had in common because are both Aquarius-es? Aquari? What is the plural? Whatever-we're the same sign-which means nothing to me other than our birthdays are relatively close together.
(This is like my dilemma with the plurals of "hippopotamus" and "rhinoceros"...hippopotamuses? rhinoceroses? or hippopotami and rhinoceri? hee hee, either way it makes me giggle...)
ANYWAYS-I digress. I saw that the Tigers won and UNC lost!! Holy crap! I think I saw it's the first time we've been ranked #1 basically since I was born. And it was Memphis State then. And I tried explaning this to "Ken" who I really think kept trying to buy me a shot because he didn't understand my excuse for not dancing was that I was drinking. I didn't need one. So when I tried telling him UNC lost and that Memphis was ranked #2 and would jump up, he kind of smiled and pointed to the dance floor. No thanks. But really-#1!! This is big people. GO FREAKIN TIGERS!
Now onto equally fantastic news (for me at least, my guy friends don't seem all that happy)...

Hi, my name is Tom Brady and I will be playing in the Super Bowl this year. I took down both Mannings this year on my road to perfection...about to take down the crappy one yet again. I am also in love with the writer of this blog and am so happy she could pose in this picture with me. Gisele who? That's right...
That's right, it's official! New England Patriots vs. New York Giants in the 2008 Super Bowl! You know what this means...no talking during commercials OR the game! I think my friends hate super bowls when I am emotionally invested in a team...cause I get cranky when people talk. All I can say is thank goodness for DVR!!
Okay, now I'm about to go on my tangent...so guy friends, cover your eyes, ears and shut your mouths. Not only has Tom Brady been a part of perfection (18-0 baby!) but he pretty much is perfection. I mean, he is flawless (minus the whole illegitimate child thing...eh, it happens). And for those of you who say "Poor Bridget Moynahan"...please. She is a gorgeous actress who makes lots of moolah AND she got to have sex with Tom Brady? Cry me a river. I'm an average looking, underpaid account coordinator and I get hit on by creepy guys who say things like "You have really sexy ankles". Seriously. She wouldn't last a day in my shoes...which are NOT designer anything thankyouverymuch.
On that note...I'm out. Thanks for tuning in. Looking forward to a CRAZY weekend of birthday celebration when my friends from Auburn come up. I'm sure I'll post any blog-worthy (and parent-appropriate, sorry Mom) stories on here when I have recovered and the computer screen doesn't hurt my head.

1 comment:
Awesome blog--go Tigers! AND--guess who joined the AP top 25 teams today???? You'll never guess--I'll just tell you! The BAYLOR Bears men team!! You know it!! Sic' em Bears and Tigers. Too bad the Hoosiers aren't called the Lions or we'd have something going there---you follow??
Post a Comment