Friday, December 21, 2007

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

Current song: "All I Want for Christmas is You"
Countdown: 30 minutes till the weekend, 4 days till Christmas
Dance moves: being busted out in my office...yes, I'm doing my happy dance

So the past week has been very stressful in the life of Mary. I'm stressed with friend issues, boy issues (as always) and work has just been crazy. Deadlines had to be met and projects wrapped up today. But I found out officially that I don't have to be at work until January 2 after I walk out of these doors today. That's right...

I'M DONE WORKING UNTIL 2008!

On top of that, I'm super excited for Christmas. I can't wait to see little Pooker open presents and get excited about Christmas lights and such. And spending time with my family since I feel like I never see them during the daytime (stupid real world). Um, and yeah, there's the Christmas dinner as well-and leftovers since I didn't get any after Thanksgiving!!

Also, a week from today, I'll be in Destin! I was supposed to be headed to the ATL for New Years and the Auburn bowl game, but it fell through...which was tragic and upset me...but my friends redeemed themselves and are going to party with me in Destin...so if you're there, look out!!

I also have to say that last night, I was stressed out, in a foul mood, etc. But my parents took me to the Trans Siberian Orchestra concert because my dad remembered that I heart them. Okay, I've been to some pretty good shows. But THIS show was so dynamic and had something for everybody-rock, heavy metalish guitar solos, amazing vocals, blues, carols, hymns-and a freaking awesome light show that was like fireworks without the loud sounds and well, fire. Seriously, if you EVER have the opportunity to see them in concert, DO IT. I also think it would be a good date...but that's because I'm apparently in that holiday phase where I think everything is cute and romantic (unless I'm in traffic, then I might just want to punch you in the face).

Anyways, it was wonderful and cheered me up! And I finished all of my projects today, got a few little gold stars from clients and bosses. I even made my world famous brownies and put my office in a great mood (no, they weren't "those" kind of brownies, but they are a triple chocolate threat!). AND yesterday, I got to deliver two bikes to my favorite radio station here in Memphis who was doing a fundraiser for Toys for Tots--I took up donations in my office so it was great to see the results, a little pink bike (which I had a great time posing with) and a little blue bike--so it's great to know that two more children will be all smiles on Christmas day. Warm and fuzzy feelings-yay!

So I hope that everybody is safe in their travels and over the holidays!! All of my best wishes and love to all of you!! I'm sure I'll be blogging again soon...just wanted to with y'all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year if you are too busy to check in!!

"Come and trim my chirstmas tree,
With some decorations bought at Tiffany's (WOO HOO)
I really do believe in you,
Let's see if you believe in me
Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing, a ring,
I don't mean on the phone, (or as Luke sings-I DON'T NEED A PHONE!)
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight"

1 comment:

Miss Angie said...

Ok, so when do you plan to create a new post on your blog, Missy? I'm ready to read more about your reality-show life! ;) PS-Did you trip lil Lukey??? ;)